Cooking and Preparation Time 15 mins approx
Sooji/Rava - 2 cups
Yogurt - 1 cup beaten
Baking soda - 1/4 tbsp
Few Curry leaves
Mustard, Jeera, Urad Dal for tempuring
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- In a non stick pan fry the rava with 1 tbsp oil slightly for 3-5 mins without burning and let it cool.
- In a bowl add the rava, beaten curd, baking soda and water. Mix together without forming lumps. The consistency should be medium little thicker than pouring consistency. Let the batter rest for 15 mins.
- In a small pan do the tempuring by adding the remaining 1 tbsp aoil and urad dal, mustard, jeera seeds along with the curry leaves and fry till they are brown.
- Now add this to the batter and mix well. Also, add salt.
- Preheat the Idli Plates container with water few mins before placing the idli plates in them.
- Grease the idli plates with Pam or any oil and pour the batter into the plates accordingly.
- Now place the plates in the container and heat 10 mins on medium heat.
- Remove them with a knife or spoon by immersing it in water each time you remove an idli.(will make it easier which is optional and you can remove normally as you do too)
- Serve hot with your favorite chutney.