Always remember, try and try. Practise will make you better and someday definetly perfect. When I started learning how to make rotis they were like many country maps :) instead of being a circle. So, I never let it ruin my passion for cooking and kept on doing them until I am here today. Let me not give a lecture before you run away and get started with the recipe :).
Serves - 2-4
Cooking and Preparation Time - 30 mins approx
Potatoes - 2 very large or 3 medium boiled with skin on and drain the water and mash the potatoes with no water in it
Coriander - 1/2 cup finely chopped
Green Chillies - 1-2 finely chopped (optional)
Chilli powder - 1/4 tbsp
Chat Masala - 1/4-1/2 tbsp
Cumin and Coriander powder - 1/2 tbsp together or Garam masala any combination
Lime juice - 2 tbsp optional but I added
Salt to taste
- In a bowl place the mashed potatoes, add all the ingredients below Potatoes except oil.
- Mix together the potatoes so that all the spices are blended into it nicely.
- Make small golf sized balls out of the mixture and place them a plate.
- Now using the dough we made out of wheat flour and roll a roti of small size and place the potato mixture or stuffing ball in the centre of it.
- Close all the ends and seal it. If necessary remove the excess dough.
- Put some flour onto it and start rolling it slowly into a thin stuffed roti.
- Heat tava/non stick pan, put the rolled out roti on it and when you notice that its getting puffed up change the direction and add oil on it. Repeat the same for the other side until you fry it to get a nice roti.
- Serve hot for breakfast, lunch or even dinner along with any pickle or even raita or plain yogurt.