Cooking and Preparation Time 15-20 mins
Tindora/Dondakalu - 1/4 lb approx washed properly and each slit vertically into 4 pieces roughly and sprinkle with little salt and keep aside
Tomato - 1 small or 1/2 from big one
Green chillies - as your spice level, I used 2
Coriander seeds - 1/2 tbsp
Urad Dal - 1/2 tbsp
Garlic flake - 1/2
Salt to taste
For tempuring : Urad Dal, Mustard seeds, Dry red chillies, crushed garlic flake(1/2) Oil, few curry leaves
Oil 1-2 tbsp
- In a non stick pan, heat oil, add the cut tindora, green chillies, tomato, garlic and cook covered until the tindora is 3/4 cooked and you can cut it with a spoon.
- Now keep it aside for cooling in a plate.
- Add a small quantity of oil in the same non stick pan, heat urad dal and corainder seeds until reddish brown and remove them into a grinder chutney jar without the oil.
- Grind them once, then add the cooled mixture of tindoras and grind together again. Remove the paste into a bowl.
- Do tempuring and add salt according to your taste. When you add the crushed garlic flake into the tempuring you will get a nice aroma.
- Serve with dosas, idlies or even dal and rice. You will love for sure.